- Expert point of contact for customers & sales support
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of regulatory positions & potential next steps
- Leading, capturing & reporting on existing plant initiatives to give the EU converting business some data to show customers direct improvements / contributions to the global goals.
- Implement LCA tool to support product development & support our sales efforts with relevant data.
- Representing GPI for lobbying industry groups / NGO’s etc.
- Focal point for environmental assessments of GPI material and competing materials; perform packaging environmental analysis for input on material selection and competitive advantage
- Provide sustainability consulting advice to customers
- Provide leadership on Customer & End-User Sustainability Inquiries (e.g., carbon footprint, LCA, SEDEX, EcoVadis).
- Lead impact of sustainability downstream to key material and service suppliers to GPI
- Understand and translate impact of upcoming legislation and NGO pressure on sustainability, into forward plans within GPI and its supply chain
- Provide sustainability consulting to NPD group in implementing innovation strategy, to further improve the environmental profile of GPI solutions (i.e. polymer replacement, advanced inks…)
- Execute communication programs to GPI team, market place and external stakeholders articulating sustainability programs at GPI – proactively promote paperboard and other GPI products to create competitive advantage for GPI solutions
- Advise on suitable on pack labelling / logos that GPI can use to certify and promote its products covering compostability / biodegradability / recycling / certification etc.
- Focal point for fibre certification reporting
- Lead the SEDEX /SMETA compliance process within Europe
- Degree in Environmental Studies, Chemistry, Social Sciences, Business, Management, Engineering, or a field related to Social/Environmental responsibility required
- 5 – 8 years of experience in social, environmental responsibility or packaging technology.
- 5 – 8 years of experience working in an environment that requires the ability to conduct complex interpersonal interactions with others, solve problems, make decisions, operate independently and with discretion, and work effectively under pressure.
- Proven track record of leading projects and people for successful completion to achieve program goals.
- Available to travel within Europe & the US when required. Dependent on location 1-2 night per week on average.
- Effective internal negotiation skills.
- Ability to identify and analyse threats/opportunities.
We believe our people are our biggest asset, when you join Graphic Packaging, from Day 1 you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Life Insurance
- Retail discounts saving £££’s at high street stores, online and in supermarkets
- We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities
If you would like to make a real difference with a market leading global company, please forward your CV with a covering letter explaining why you wish to apply for this role to: Jobs.Leeds@graphicpkg.com