An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic Health & Safety Officer to join the QHSE department at Graphic Packaging International (Leicestershire), one of the UK’s leading packaging manufacturers.
The successful candidate will manage the business compliance with statutory Health, Safety and Environmental obligations.
- Promote and maintain the highest standards of Health, Safety & Environmental procedures, encouraging zero injuries culture.
- Develop and implement various Risk Assessments, including PUWER and COSHH assessments.
- Maintain the First Aid register, ensuring First Aid equipment is adequately stocked and organise First Aider training.
- Conduct Fire Risk Assessments and Fire Warden training.
- Conduct H&S inductions for new starters, include company policies and procedures.
- Implement and update all H&S policies and procedures.
- Conduct internal audits and manage external audits to ensure that all compliance is up to date and accreditation is maintained.
- Ensure that corrective actions from all audits are recorded, actioned and closed.
- Oversee all health and safety issues, ensuring that all company procedures are adhered to and communicated to relevant personnel.
- Complete accident investigation forms, conduct accident reviews and assist with back to work programmes.
- Conduct investigations into claims working alongside the insurance loss adjusters.
- Advise and support the management team on all H&S issues.
- Implement processes and systems to improve the H&S culture.
- Conduct DSE assessments, noise level exposure tests and manual handling assessments.
- Source and maintain availability of PPE stocks.
- Organise internal and external H&S training of personnel.
- NEBOSH Qualified
- Experience working within ISO 18001
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Experience required in DSE, Legal compliance and Puwer assessments
- The ability to train others and deliver effective and inspiring H&S training is highly desirable
- Experience working within FMCG markets a huge advantage
Package: Attractive salary, pension contribution. If you wish to apply, please submit a CV with covering letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants we will only respond to those selected for interview.