Reporting to Operations Manager the primary purpose of this role is to keep production at full potential by ensuring machines are maintained to a high standard. Organising labour to ensure smooth running of all production machinery to maximise plant output, quality and efficiencies whilst maintaining high levels of safety and quality.
Key responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain the production and associated areas in a safe manner, within budgetary controls and in accordance with set standards (BRC/IoP; ISO, H & S)
- Focus on downtime improvements on machines by reviewing current practices/procedures. Provide information and reports on KPI’s
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors, supervising all servicing of machinery carried out by contractors
- Providing technical guidance and support to other members of the team
- Maintain good safety, housekeeping and hygiene standards within the department
- Take part in and/or lead projects when required
- Lead training and development programmes for team and promote good teamwork within the department
- Perform any other duties as required/instructed by the Operations or Plant Manager’s
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Good problem solving skills
- Have a conscientious and enthusiastic manner with a strong work ethic and the desire to succeed
- A good general standard of education with basic computer skills
- Be able to demonstrate a strong technical and/or engineering competence.
- Have a disciplined and process oriented mind set
- HNC in Mechanical or Electrical engineering, have a strong work ethic with the desire to succeed
- Experience (or awareness) of machinery associated with print manufacturing (Komori, Heidelberg, Bobst) or similar manufacturing machines in an FMCG environment,
- Knowledge and experience of TPM/PPM programmes and 18th or 17th Edition
- A full clean UK Diving License is essential
You must be reliable, able to effectively prioritise and adapt to a varied and changeable workload and have a flexible approach to working hours. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU (documentary evidence will be requested at interview)
If you would like to make a real difference with a market leading global company, please forward your CV with a covering letter explaining why you wish to apply for this role to email@example.com
Package details available on request.